Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome 2010

Boy has it been awhile. I was going to start a new blog as I have a mission - a total transformation of myself. What a better way to start the new year. I couldn't think of a catchy title - who knows maybe something will come to me in my sleep...but then I thought...Keep Making - it could be anything I want, so now it's "keep making me a better me."

I can't believe 2009 is already over - it went so fast. We spent the holidays with our family and friends so it was the best. I didn't make a single Resolution this year because they just don't work for me - just like the word diet. I hear it and I go running for the munchies. So instead, this year I am going to transform myself - into a better me. Seriously, no quick changes for me - I go gungho and then poop right out. Slow and steady this time. I know I will have days where I will fall flat on my face but I'm a big girl and I'll pick myself right back up and face the new day. I'm going to go to the gym, eat right, take all my meds, work hard and enjoy life. There are so many things I want to do and there just isn't enough time...so step #1 is to get organized. Not totally sure how I'm going to do it but I'll let you know out there in cyberspace...I know I can't be the only unorganized person.

Well, I jumped ahead of myself, yet again. I guess step #1 really needs to be - set goals. I watched the movie Julie & Julia and it totally made sense to me, in a way. I want to write a book. I want to learn how to sew. I want my craft room organized, well the whole house if we are going to be organized. I want to get a job that will not take over my life, unless it is working for myself. Don't get me wrong - I love what I do for work, but it has taken over my life. I won't go into too many details - but I work in Recreation in a nursing facility. I do enjoy it - love being with the people but it consumes me at times. It is my own fault - I give 150% of myself when I do something - I don't know how to it otherwise. I'd like an office job where I don't have to think of work 24 hours a day. I'd like a job where I can work my ass off and then leave it there in the office when I go home, I can't/don't do that now. I'm always thinking of work, or shopping or coming up with new programs.....ugh! So anyway I've gotten myself off the theme of this program and that is goals. So I want a new job. I want to learn how to cook. I love crafts and I would really like a way to make money at it - I'd like to design cross-stitch patterns or something like that.

So what I need to do is realistically figure out what I want to do in 2010 - set my goals. Set my goals for 5, 10 and 20 years. Then list the steps that I need to achive in order to meet the goals - this way I can always be moving in the right direction. I will do them in stages also because right now I am so excited I just want to do everything all at once. But if I do I will burnout quickly. So right now I will set 5 goals for myself.

1. I will wake up in the morning early. I will have time to enjoy myself, do a little blogging, check emails, do a load of laundry, actually put make-up on or a little cleaning. Right now I get up 1/2 hour before I have to walk out the door. Now I do only work 5 minutes from home, but that really isn't the point now is it.

2. I will go to the gym at least 4 times a week. I know I should go 5 and I should actually make that my goal but remember I don't want to burn myself out. Plus hubby will be pushing me anyway so let him think he made a real difference in my life by suggesting I go 5 days instead of the 4 I'm planning on. He does need something to hold over my head.

3. I will put more time into my appearance and health. I can't believe I actually go outside of my house without make-up. I remember as a teen I would rather be late to something than let anyone see me without my face on. This also includes taking my meds when I should and flossing. I never have a problem brushing my teeth but the flossing thing - just don't make time to do that as often as I should.

4. I will put things away rather than piling them on my dining room table or sticking them in a bag. For those of you who read this and know me - you will know exactly what I am talking about.

5. I will work harder on putting romance back into my marriage. I've been married for 23 years and it has gotten to be the same ole' same ole' and I never thought I would admit that. I know we love each other but we are just that "old married couple" and I don't want that anymore.

So I have 5 goals to work on - it was harder than I thought to just come up with them...so I guess I need to read them and figure out what I can do to acheive them all.

Ok - it's late and I've done enough soul searching for now - there will be more tomorrow (actually today because it is already after midnight)...so stay tuned.

Goodnight my cyber friends - I wish peace on you all.

No comments: